We can pray all we want for someone to accept and receive Christ… we’re just wasting our breath. Everything has already been done that needs to be done. The price has already been paid. There’s nothing left for God to do! It’s up to them!
Some people even say things like “Pray for me that I get saved… I really want to be saved.” Again… WHY?!? What else are they expecting God to do as a result of our praying for them?
The ONLY thing left to do is for them to “receive”. Believe that Christ died for our sins and receive His salvation through faith.
He wants us to receive salvation. But, just like not being able to make a horse drink the water in front of him, there are some things that are left up to us. God’s already given it to us… now we have to receive it. It’s THAT simple… NO catch.
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Admit that you are a sinner. We have all sinned. We have all done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent.
- “The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”
Understand that you deserve death for your sin. Not just physical death, but eternal death!
- “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Jesus Christ died for us! His love, poured out in Jesus on the cross, is your only hope to have forgiveness and change. Jesus’ death paid the price for our sins.
- “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved!”
Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
Here is a simple prayer you can pray to God. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Jesus Christ for your salvation. The words themselves will not save you. Only faith in Jesus Christ can provide salvation!
“God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. With your help, I turn away from my sin and place my trust in You and receive Your salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness – the gift of eternal life! Amen!”